Saturday, March 17, 2012

A Birthday Present from the Birthday Girl!

Jessica is a very close friend of mine, a woman I am so thankful to have in my life.  We are going through this adventure of life together, and I am blessed.

Like every parent, she worries that when her kids beg for a new toy for the millionth time or don't want to donate old toys, they aren't "getting" what's really important.  She wants her children to grow up to be compassionate, to be the hands and feet of Jesus.

Her daughter, R, just turned five, and Jessica requested $5 from each guest, in lieu of gifts.  Jessica and R agreed that she could keep half of the money and choose a charity to receive the other half.  When we went to their house for lunch this past week, R gave half of her birthday money to me, to go toward our adoption expenses. 

Hey, Jess, I think she "gets" it.  You are a fantastic mother and a dear friend.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment