Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Waiting on God's Timing



I was hoping to write a post last Friday (actually I've been waiting to write that particular post since the end of January) but, for whatever reason, things are just not moving as I planned.

I was going to write about how excited we are to have our names on the Deed of Trust, after a 22-month start-to-finish process of selling our last home, moving into our new home, and finally closing on our new home.  But that is not the point of today's post.

The Cliff's Notes version of the story is that we put our home on the market in May 2010, had a contract in August 2010, missed the closing date for September, October, and November, and closed on the sale of our home at the VERY end of December 2010.  From September to December, we were having to constantly extend our rate lock-in, because our buyers' loan took so long to go through.

By the time our buyers did get approval, our lock-in had expired, and we were not able to get in touch with the lender to extend the lock-in in time.  So we moved into our home, with a seller-financed mortgage, We were on hold for a year, in order to show payments to the same lender for twelve months.

We began the purchase process again in December 2011, and got our pre-approval back on December 27, 2011, exactly one year from the day we moved in.  30 days until closing turned into 60 days, and "definitely by Friday" turned into "should be Monday".  The emotional roller coaster we rode from August to December 2010, and now from December 2011 to March 2012 has been difficult.  I've been frustrated, I've cried, I've wanted to give up.

And that's what I had to do.  I had to give up relying on myself (or the bank) when I should be relying on God.  If I'm being honest (and I am), one of my biggest flaws is depending on MY plan, and having a hard time accepting GOD'S plan when I think mine sounds better.

How does this relate to our adoption?  I can look at timelines all I want to, try and figure out when we'll be traveling, and when we'll be bringing our daughter home, but none of that carries any weight.  The timing will be in God's hand, as it always is, and I am learning to accept that through our struggles with buying our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment