Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Monday Morning Update 5.28.12 (on Wednesday)

Um, I'm blaming the holiday and our homestudy visit on such a late update!  I like weeks when I actually have news to report... I feel like it's been "All Quiet on the Adoption Front" for several weeks.  Here's a recap of last week's happenings!

M:  Cooper was our first boy doll listed, and there were a lot of people really excited about having a boy up for auction!  He was so popular that I wouldn't be surprised if another boy is listed very soon! 



T:  So, I was impatient curious, and I called the FBI to see where things stood with our fingerprints.  They said they *just* completed the letters and we could expect them in the mail by the end of the week!  (This will go in our dossier, the stack of paperwork that goes to our daughter's country.)

I also heard from our social worker, and our last background checks came in, so we scheduled our last visit, and then she'll get the homestudy written!  Yay for progress! 


F:  We had a wall built to close in what used to be our office and is now Sadie's room!  While Sadie getting a room isn't directly adoption-related, this means we we were able to show the social worker that there was ample space in Ayden's bedroom for another sister!

The auction for Cooper ended at $57, and he's the first doll heading out-of-state! 

Sa:  I got a quick visit from another RR family, who will be coming to stay at my home this coming weekend!  I got some Norwex products to try out before the demo she's doing as a fundraiser!

Su:  Sweet Daisy, you were worth staying up into the wee hours of the morning to finish!  Her auction is running until Friday, June 1 @ 8:00 p.m. EDT.


Well, that's last week in a nutshell!  Sorry for it coming in so late!

No comments:

Post a Comment