Thursday, May 17, 2012

My Birthday Wish

I don't like getting a lot of attention on my birthday, so it was a tough decision whether or not I should blog about it.  But I want to share my birthday wish.

I can remember my childhood birthdays, making a wish and blowing out the candles on a home-made cake.  I remember wishing for new skates, a kitten, Barbies.  Oh, how my wishes have changed.  Becoming a mom has forever changed my priorities.  It wouldn't matter to me if I had no gifts to open, no cards to read (although I love the handmade cards my kids make every year!). 

In May 2010, during a difficult pregnancy with many complications, I wished for Sadie to be born healthy and strong, to just be okay.  In May 2011, just two days after finding out that Sadie would need heart surgery, I wished that it would be successful, and that Sadie would recovery quickly.


This year, my birthday wish is simple:  to spend our daughter's birthday with her, in her country.  The timing would be really tight, paperwork would need to move quickly, but it's doable.  Would you pray that I get my birthday wish?  My sweet girl is weighing heavy on my heart today.

To everyone who has emailed and sent birthday messages today, thank you!  

1 comment: