Thursday, January 5, 2012

Nerds and Free Spirits

I'm a nerd.  Scott is a free spirit.  Which may seem odd, considering I'm the crafty one, and he's the chemist.  But by Dave Ramsey's standards for our family budget, that's how it is.  And it's spilling into the adoption search.

Scott's all over these international adoption websites, picking out about 20 different kids he'd be happy to bring home, from many different countries (and continents), and with a broad range of medical needs (his biggest stipulation is that they be able to go on hikes with us eventually).  He'd ask me to email every agency, if he thought I'd actually do it.  (I've only emailed one for him, one for me, and told him no more until we have a homestudy in the works, at least.)

As he's free-spiritedly going along, I'm writing down descriptions of fees, punching in numbers on the calculator, and shaking my head at some of the more outrageous costs (let's just say that there are some regions of Russia I've already had to say absolutely NO to considering). 

So there you have it.  I'm a nerd.  Scott's a free spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment