Thursday, July 12, 2012

All the Spinning Plates!

I consider myself a very optimistic person, one who rarely complains (at least openly), because truly, my complaints would all be trivial.  You know, as soon as I start the last load of laundry, one of the kids brings down a month week of dirty laundry from their hamper.  Or Sadie finds a package of sunflower seeds her sister left on the counter and now my kitchen floor is covered. 

But the past week has been TOUGH.  I'm worn out, overextended, overwhelmed, and I'm trying to keep all these plates spinning, and eventually one is going to drop.

This is a very accurate representation of my week!


If I wasn't handling one issue after another with the cabins in TN, with the power outages, I was unjamming my sewing machine, trying to work on the four dolls I need to finish now.  Or working on getting the kids ahead in their schoolwork so they can take time off later this year when we travel.  Or worrying about the BIG fundraiser that I'm chairing, coming up in only 3 months.  I'm terrified that something is going to slip through the cracks, and the pile on my desk is not helping my feeling like I'm forgetting something.

There's so much I want to do right now.  I want to plan a curriculum sale to make some extra money for the adoption; I want to get donations and vendors lined up for the quarter auction that's coming up this fall; I want $12,000 to magically appear in our grant.

So, I'm not making a doll to auction this Friday.  I need a week to get things under control around here, and I can't do it if I'm not willing to let at least one plate fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment