Thursday, July 26, 2012

Another Envelope Filled!

A couple of weeks ago, I was told someone wanted an envelope to fill.  Envelope #3.

They didn't know I had begun praying that we would fill one envelope per week for ten weeks.

They just knew we had 50 envelopes to fill, and they could commit to filling one of them.

This morning, Envelope #3 arrived at my door, with $400 inside.

$400 toward our first trip.  $400 closer to meeting our two children.  $400 closer to bringing them HOME!

One of my favorite verses is Luke 6:38.  "Give and it will be given to you.  A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap.  For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

The people who gave this money aren't rich by our culture's measure of wealth.  They don't live in a large home or drive new cars.  They have gone through job losses and health crises.  But they give anyway.

One of the songs that I turn way, way up in the van is For King and Country's "The Proof of Your Love" and in one part of the song, they say "If I give to a needy soul, but don't have love, then who is poor?" 

To the dear, dear people who filled Envelope #3, you are as far from poor as anyone could be.  You give even out of your need, and you have truly blessed my family this morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment