This is probably the #1 question I get regarding our adoption. I don't mind answering any adoption-related questions, but I really wish I could answer this one with a specific date. Of course, Scott just booked a business conference for late September, so that probably means we'll have some big adoption-related conflict!
We are now six months into this adoption, so I had to write a letter to the children's government, detailing where we are in preparing our dossier, and when we plan to submit the final copy of our dossier for approval. This is to make sure they know that we are still moving forward with the adoption. Of course, I wanted the letter to be PERFECT, so I spent about 2 hours writing and re-writing it. I heard from our stateside agency that I am awesome, so I assume that means my letter will keep everyone happy!
And I got what I consider to be great news today, even though it's going to be a little more work for me. Throughout the process, we have to get LOTS of documents notarized, then apostilled by the state. Our foreign agency has requested that we scan over each document after it's apostilled, for them to translate. Which means we'll save several weeks by not sending over the whole dossier for translation after we have USCIS approval. I'm praying this means we'll travel in October, instead of November!
All this has me very excited, though I've got one number in the back of my mind: $12,000. That's the remainder of what we need by the time we travel ($4,300 for the remainder of our first trip fees, and $7,700 due as soon as we get home). It's a big number, but my God is a BIG GOD, and I have absolute faith that the money will be there when we need it!
I don't have any big fundraisers planned right now, especially since I need to spend a good deal of time working on paperwork for the dossier. If you would, please pray for our USCIS paperwork to be assigned to an officer quickly, pray for our funding, and pray for our whole family, especially the two who are waiting for us.