Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday Morning Update: 7.30.12

I'm not doing so great at updating weekly, but it's because so many exciting things are happening throughout the week that I want to share right away!  My days are beginning to run together, so I'll just give a general update.

I mailed in our USCIS I-800A application on July 12, and on July 15, the application was picked up from the lockbox.  On July 19, the check for $890 cleared the bank, and on July 23 the official receipt came in the mail.

None of that really meant big progress, but at this point we get excited about every step forward, no matter how small.

Then, just Saturday, July 28, there were two letters in the mail from the Department of Homeland Security... our biometric appointments!!!  (This is simply another set of fingerprints, on top of the fingerprints we've sent to the state and FBI, but done by a fingerprint technician at a USCIS Support Center.) So we're leaving the house at 6:00 a.m. to drive to our appointment, which, with 6 hours of driving round-trip, means it will be a full day for our family.

So, there's your update!  We're busy busy! 


1 comment: