Friday, April 13, 2012

Fatherless Friday

To think that our children have been waitng 9 and 11 years for a family breaks my heart.  There are so many others who wait, being passed over time and time again.  There is one boy Scott and I cannot stop going back to, wondering where his family is.  We both wish he belonged to our family, but we're already committed to two children in another country, so we just have to pray for his family to find him!

Friends, I'd like for you to meet Jack.


May I tell you a bit about Jack?  He is 11, and will be 12 in October.  He would love to be part of a family with kids around the same age, so he has someone to play with.

He loves insects and worms, but dislikes scary movies.
He is soft-spoken and gentle with the other children in the orphanage.
He is responsible and intelligent.  He is in 4th grade.
Every one of his orphanage directors has spoken very highly of him.
He has a grant of nearly $6,000!!!

He has asked a question: "Do you know anyone who would like to take a boy like me?"  And I have no answer to that question!  If he were not in a different country, we would snatch him up in a heartbeat! 

How can he stand to watch as younger children are chosen, and he is left behind, time and time again?  Where are his parents?!

Can I tell you what's scaring everyone away (other than his age, and really, is not worrying about diapers and nighttime feedings so scary?)?  Honestly, I'm scared you won't read another word after I write it.  So, please be patient while I dispel some misinformation.  People with Jack's condition take medication to keep it under control, and while on this medication, the condition is undetectable.  It is important for people with this condition to eat healthy in order to keep their immune system boosted, but there is no reason they can't be active, be loved, and live a normal life.  His big not-so-scary condition?  He has HIV.

One more question from Jack that I'd love to know if you can answer: "What do I need to do for a Mom to come? Do you know where she is? Is she looking for me?"

Please go look at Jack's profile at http://reecesrainbow.org/25134/jack-23 to see if he's your son.

No comments:

Post a Comment