Sunday, April 15, 2012

Perfect Provision!

This morning, I was asked to speak at church, to tell our story.  As I stood at the podium, I saw blue shirts scattered throughout the congregation.  They all read the same thing:

Team VikTory
This is the victory that has overcome the world--our faith. 
I John 5:4 

Our church family is such a tremendous blessing.  I hear of churches who won't even acknowledge a family's adoption process, much less support them, and I have known from before Day 1 that our church body would cover our adoption in prayer and support us 100%.

An added treat at church was having Traci and Anna Morton (previously committed to Sam and Duncan) and Erika and Mel Rogers, with their 7 kiddos (adopting Bernadette and Mason) visiting today!

Today was our Team Sam vs. Team VikTory soccer tournament and 5k event, which took place at the Smith River Sports Complex in Axton, VA.  Hence all the blue shirts.

Kids' Soccer Tournament

I was wowed by the turnout at the event this afternoon.  We had 41 people registered for at least one event, and a lot of people came just to support us, even if they weren't participating.

We had a bake sale, two $50 Visa gift card giveaways (one for registered participants, one for anyone donating $5 or more to the jar), t-shirt sale, and lots of fun kids' events!

Hi Tonya!


Tonya is a very close friend of mine, and I joke with her that she has God on speed dial, because this lady continually has prayers answered, and usually very quickly.  I was busy adding registrations, keeping money separated between the two families, and then again between t-shirt cost and event profits, and Tonya told me she had been praying the event would be huge.

Today at the Sports Complex, she told me she had been praying for $1,000 to come in for the event.  I had no idea how much money was going into the different boxes, but I knew there were a lot of people there, and I cam home with only a few shirts.

I sat down to add everything up, and here's what we've got!

Team Sam Registrations (after t-shirt expenses): $110
Bake Sale, Gift Raffle, plus gift card to benefit the Rogers family: $180
Team VikTory Registrations (after t-shirt expenses), t-shirts, gift card: $710

I'm not sure about what you just added, but my calculator says $1,000!  To. The. Dollar.  So, Tonya, thank you for your specific prayer, you got a specific answer!

And a big THANK YOU to everyone who came out today, whether you were there to play or cheer from the sidelines!  We can't wait for next year, when we're Playing Them Home for another adoptive family!

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I do believe you're right! Today was SO MUCH FUN!

      Delete
  2. We had a great time, I'm happy it went so well! Maybe I should ask Tonya to pray a specific prayer for me :) Brooke K

    ReplyDelete